Angela Novas McGill
Angela Novas McGill is a native of Spain. She attended the University of Madrid. She immigrated to the United States soon after college. While in college she lived and worked for short periods of time in England, Holland, France, Switzerland and Germany. She has travelled to many countries such as Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama. Brazil. Argentina, Chile, Canada, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbawe, Bostwana, Namibia, South Africa, Mozambique and Indonesia.
In the United States she worked in the textile and jewelry businesses and as a certified state and federal Spanish language court interpreter. She passed the California Bar Exam on her first attempt and began her law practice as a sole practitioner shortly after her admission to the Bar in 1997.
Areas of Practice
- Immigration and Nationality Law
- Family Law
- Criminal Defense
- Post Conviction Relief
- State Bar of California, 1997
- S. District Court, Central District of California, 1997
- S. Court of Appeal, Ninth Circuit, 2002
- February 2005, Certified Specialist
Immigration and Nationality law
State Bar of California
Board of Legal Specialization
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California J.D.
- Certified Gemologist, Gemological Institute of America, Santa Monica, California
- State of California Certified Court Interpreter, Spanish
- Federal Certified Court Interpreter, U.S. Courts, Spanish
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), 1998-present- Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA), 1999-present- Member
- Long Beach Bar Association (LBBA), 1999-present- Member
Honors and Awards
- Certificate of Tribute, Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law, yearly, 1994 to 2010
- Long Beach Bar Association, Commendation, 2000
- Alliance for Children’s Rights, 2004
- Named to Super Lawyers, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2019 and 2020
- Running and participating in trail foot races, traveling, hiking and backpacking, gardening.